Vegan was initially defined as a diet that was free from any animal-based products, such as meat, dairy products, eggs, and honey.
Nowadays, the world has extended its terminology to non- food products such as clothing, cosmetics, and medicine (that are made without animal-derived materials). Vegans also object to the cruelty and exploitation that animals face in general and when they are tested on rodeos to zoos and various dolphin shows.
Also Read: Rise of Vegans in Bengal
Vegan and Vegetarian: The difference?
The vegetarian diet has been reported to have sprung almost sincere 700 B.C. Such type of food exists in several forms. It is practiced for varied reasons, including health, ethics, environmentalism, and or religion.
Whereas Vegan diets are a concept of the modern world, which makes them a recent topic. Is a diet that suggests
With Veganism comes the prevention of exploiting animals. Animal welfare isn’t the only reason why people become vegan, but many have made it the key factor in their decision to go vegan and stay vegan.
Many Elites or the who’s who’s celebrities of the world have taken over Veganism to join the path towards animal protection.
Here are some of your favorite celebrities who turned Vegan:
- Ellen Pompeo: After getting inspired by Dr. Funk’s book, Breasts: The Owner’s Manual, she decided it is easier to become Vegan and stay vegan.
- Benedict Cumberbatch: Being named PETA’s Most Beautiful Vegan in 2018, Benedict in one of his avenger’s movies revealed that his plant-based diet has made him more active, especially for his action related videos.
- Virat Kholi: From being a hardcore meat lover, Virat turned Vegetarian 2 years ago. Not wholly vegan, but 90% of the dishes he consumes are animal-protein free and dairy-free.
- Beyonce: Early in 2018, she decided to go Vegan once more. She even asked her fans at Coachella to join her in this pact she started to go ‘Vegan for 22 days’.
- Kangana Ranaut: Initially, the actress decided to go Vegetarian before going completely vegan. As dairy products didn’t suit her diet, she decided Veganism was the best option. Kangana had also been awarded the sexiest Vegan of the year by PETA a few years ago.
- Anushka Sharma: She decided to turn Vegan because of her pet dog. Because the dog couldn’t stand the smell of meat, and now she’s living a pretty happy life after accepting Veganism.
- Richa Chadda: Her love for organic food and the commitment towards fitness and workout regime motivated her towards becoming Vegan.
Many Celebrities Natalie Portman, Alia Bhatt, Madonna, Miley Cyrus, Sonam Kapoor, Zac Efron, Liam Hemsworth, and many more have adopted Veganism in the past or are on the path to become Vegan.
Many times having emotional attachments toward animals or for some significant part of someone’s life motivates them to follow Veganism. Everything aside, avoiding animal products is one of the most obvious ways you can take a stand towards animal cruelty and or exploitation around the globe.