The center on Sunday extended the nationwide lockdown for two more weeks to contain the spread of COVID-19 and has issued a fresh set of guidelines to be followed for the next phase between May 18 and May 31.
The new phase comes with a considerable set of relaxations outside containment zones as the ministry of home affairs (MHA) has permitted barber shops, salons, and shopping complexes to open, and allowed interstate movement of passenger cars and buses.
The night curfew across the nation from 7 PM to 7 AM, meanwhile, will continue to remain in place, except when it doesn’t involve essential activities. The state governments have been given increased powers to decide how they want the Lockdown 4.0 guidelines to be customized, as per the coronavirus situation in their states.
Here is what will be allowed during Lockdown 4.0:
1. Inter-state movement of passenger vehicles and buses, with mutual consent of states/UTs involved
2. Sports stadia will be allowed to be open, but no spectators will be allowed inside
3. Private offices allowed to open but encouraged to ask employees to work from home
Prohibited activities, irrespective of the zone classification by individual state governments:
1. Domestic and international air travel, except when domestic travel involves essential/medical reasons
2. Metro train services across the nation
3. Schools, colleges and educational and training institutions
4. All cinema halls, shopping malls, entertainment venues will continue to remain closed
5. All political events, rallies and other public gatherings prohibited
6. All religious places will continue to remain closed
India has 91,000 confirmed cases of Coronavirus and it has reported 2872 deaths till now.
#india #lockdown #coronavirus #covid19 #indiainlockdown #lockdown4