The new Sony a9 II brings some enhancements to the original pro-level camera. With its blackout-free continuous shooting at up to 20 frames per second with Auto Focus and Auto Exposure tracking at 60 calculations per second the a9 II is built for sports and photojournalism where speed is crucial.
Important changes have come to the design and connectivity options, both of which have been upgraded to fit the special demands of professionals in fast-moving situations. The overall build is similar to that of the just-announced a7R IV, including superior weather sealing.
The new Alpha 9 II uses the same 35mm full-frame stacked 24.2 MP Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with integral memory as the original Alpha 9, giving it the same speed performance and image quality.
“The voice of our customers is absolutely critical to Sony – we are always listening,” said Neal Manowitz, deputy president for Imaging Products and Solutions Americas at Sony Electronics. “The Alpha 9 II is the direct result of our work with an agency, sports and news photographers since the launch of the original Alpha 9. We have added connectivity and network capabilities that drastically improve the professional workflow, while also making enhancements to design, interface and processing power that complete the user experience. Complemented by our extremely versatile E-mount system – with 55 native lenses introduced at this point including super-telephoto 600mm and 400mm G Master™ series lenses – this new camera is a tool unlike any other for professionals, whether in the field or on the field.”
Refined Build and Operability
- Upgraded BIONZ X™ image processing engine gains maximum benefit from the sensor’s fast readout speed; processor works with front-end LSI to enhance speed in AF/AE detection, image processing, face detection and accuracy, and more.
- Upgraded dust and moisture resistant design to meet the needs of professionals in even the most challenging outdoor conditions; stronger sealing provided at all body seams as well as the battery compartment cover and media slot.
- The latest developed image-processing algorithm reduces noise in the medium-to-high sensitivity range while improving subjective resolution and image quality.
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization system that provides a shutter speed advantage of 5.5 steps.
- Improved grip configuration for even greater comfort and sure hold; compatible with Sony VG-C4EM Vertical Grip.
- Improved button design and feel; increased diameter and feedback of the ‘AF-ON’ button; a refined multi-selector joystick design; an exposure compensation dial lock button; and a redesigned shape and new position for the rear dial.
- Redesigned shutter mechanism to suppress even the slightest movement that can cause image blur; tested for durability in excess of 500,000 shutter cycles.
- USB Type-C™ connector that supports fast USB 3.2 Gen 1 data transfer.
- Dual media slots that are both compatible with UHS-I and UHS-II SD cards, allowing the higher overall capacity and faster read/write speeds.
- The digital audio interface has been added to the camera’s Multi Interface Shoe™ (MI Shoe), enabling the new ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adaptor Kit to be connected directly to the MI Shoe for a cleaner, clearer audio recordings.
#photography #sony #sonyindia #sonyalpha #sonyglobal #sonydslr #sonyglobal #sonyA9II #sonyalphaseries